A Bit about Us…
A warm welcome to our new website. We are still developing at the moment and this is a a small sample of our ample stock.
The Dog House is a large family-run antiques business. Our 6,000 sq. ft. show room is brimming with antiques, collectables and quality reproductions, the perfect destination for those with a taste for the original or unusual. We have ample free parking at the rear of our premises.
We specialise in:
- Large & small antique furniture.
- Quality Reproduction
- Architectural items
- Collectables & China including Moorcroft, both new stock and old items
- Antique Fireplaces & made to measure living flame fires. Original fireplaces,both restored and un-restored from period through to contemporary are available for solid fuel and gas fires.
- Clocks, Pictures and Jewellery
- Briwax/Liberon waxes for DIY enthusiasts
Jon Rutter has been trading for over 50 years, He started with his wife Kate on the market, selling Horse brass, oil lamps and small china figures, making it up as he went along (he still does!!) Eventually moving into a shop so he could accommodate a playpen. The first to use this, is now our very own, Fay Rutter and TV star, from Dickinson’s Real Deal. If only he knew what was coming!
Jon and Kate can still be found in the Doghouse, however, as a Family Business, Drew (not Pritchard!!), (second in the playpen), is now found at the Helm. We have a well established reputation in Walsall and have long been associated with the Antiques trade, we moved to Our current location, Bloxwich Road, in August of 1988, buying and selling Reproduction Items, unusual vintage finds, as well as antiques and collectables of every description.